4. Building and maintaining an effective organisation
• Maintain a balance of experienced and new board members
• Develop succession plans for various committees and the board.
i) Ensure that people are being trained to take over important positions.
ii) Keep lists of duties updated and regularly reviewed.
• Increase diversity of skills on the board.
i) Mail chimp our members asking for specific skills.
ii) Consider approaching outsiders as possible board members.
• Increase and maintain the number of volunteers.
i) Ask at registration what areas of volunteering they might be interested in by use of a more explicit volunteer form.